Half Moon Pose (Ardha Chandrasana)
- Strengthens the abdomen, ankles, thighs, buttocks, and spine.
- Stretches the groins, hamstrings and calves, shoulders, chest, and spine.
- Improves coordination and sense of balance.
- Helps relieve stress.
- Improves digestion.
Reverse Warrior Pose ( Viparita Virabhadrasana)
- Reverse Warrior strengthens and stretches the legs, groins, hips, and the sides of the torso and waist.
- It improves flexibility in the spine, inner thighs, ankles, and chest.
- It also builds strength in the thighs, shoulders, and arms.
Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
- Stretches muscles in the shoulders, chest and abdominals.
- Decreases stiffness of the lower back.
- Strengthens the arms and shoulders.
- Increases flexibility.
- Improves menstrual irregularities.
- Elevates mood.
- Firms and tones the buttocks.
- Invigorates the heart.
Pigeon Pose (Kapotasana)
- Opens the hip joint
- Lengthens the hip flexor
- Stretches the thighs, gluteals and piriformis muscles
- Extends the groin and psoas
Half Wheel Pose ( Ardha Chakrasana )
- Strengthens the back and abdominal muscles.
- It tones the organs in the abdomen including the digestive, excretory and reproductive organs.
- It opens the chest and strengthens the arms and shoulder muscles.
Tree Pose (Vriksasana)
- Strengthens buttocks, thighs, calves and ankles, spine.
- Stretches groin and inner thigh, chest and shoulders.
- Improves balance.
- Relieves sciatica.
- Calms and relieves stress.
Crow Pose ( Bakasana )
- Tones the abdominal wall.
- Strengthens abdominal organs to aide in lower back pain and indigestion.
- Strengthens arms.
- Stretches and strengthens the back.
- Stretches and strengthens inner thighs.
- Opens the groin.
- Strengthens the wrists! TRUTH! Practice.
- Builds endurance and focus – mental focus and calm!
Warrior II Pose ( Virabhadraana II )
- Stretches your hips, groins and shoulders.
- Opens your chest and lungs.
- Builds stamina and concentration.
- Energizes tired limbs.
- Stimulates your abdominal organs.
- Helps relieve backaches, especially through your 2nd trimester.
- Develops balance and stability.
- Improves circulation and respiration.